Monday, September 17, 2007

Fox Censors Emmy Awards For Political Reasons

I am not a big fan of award show, so I guess that might mean I have to turn in my Gay Card, but at last nights Emmy Awards there was a notable speech. Sally Field won an Emmy for her role in "Brothers & Sisters". During her acceptance speech she gave credit to all her collaborators and then made a political statement about the mothers who wait at home for their sons and daughters to come home from war. Her speech ended with this phrase, "If mothers ruled the world, there would be no god-damned wars in the first place.” However Fox cut the last words leaving silence, then returned as the audience was applauding. Their obvious censoring of a political statement is typical Fox, but this is the first time it has drifted into their entertainment division.

I smell a trend, so watch out Simpsons and every other Fox show!

No comments: