Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Pain, CBT And Writing About It

I guess it has been too long since I blogged about what I am up to and let the politics settle for a while. At the encouragement of several friends, I am working on another book. My first book, Family Jewels is in its second printing and has been very popular with both the gay and heterosexual kink communities. What I am working on now is a bit different.

Family Jewels was pretty much a how-to guide for CBT. Since its publication I have received many requests to present educational workshops on that subject. Though I am a very enthusiastic player in the CBT area, much of my passion in BDSM lies in a larger subject. The new book has a working title of Playing With Pain and it includes a lot of my personal journey through the world of leather.

I hope to give the reader an idea of not just the how, but the why in this book. For me, the application of intense sensations in a controlled and precise manner has been a passion since childhood. I know, sounds like a warped childhood, but really it was pretty normal. I just discovered my kink early in life. The fact that it only blossomed as an adult is probably a good thing.

So I have been hard at work writing and sometimes avoiding writing for the past weeks. Writing for me is a painful experience in itself. The words don't flow fast enough onto the screen, and I sometimes wish I had a direct interface with my brain and my computer. Of course that would make me Borg wouldn't it? Oh well, give a little and take a little.

More later.

1 comment:

zigzagsawing said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.