Saturday, March 17, 2007

Christians March On White House To Protest The War In Iraq

It warms my heart to see people who call themselves Christians actually doing something Jesus would be proud of. Last night thousands of protesters met at the National Cathedral to pray for peace and then marched to the White House, where many were arrested when the stopped and stood silent witness to the immoral war President Bush is conducting.

There is an area of the sidewalk in front of the White House where you cannot stop, and that is where they stopped and waited to be arrested. It reminds me of the 1970’s and the protests of the Vietnam War. I participated in those, though not in Washington, and I am delighted to see that kind of action again. It is about time someone did this. Tomorrow I am participating in a similar march here in Dallas.

No comments: