Friday, May 19, 2006

Mounties Marry! RCMP Has First Married Same-Sex Couple

Dressed in their scarlet uniforms, Jason Tree and Const. David Connors will become the first married same-sex couple in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. I wish I could attend. I have always found the RCMP uniforms sexy as all get-out, and the idea of a couple of these brave canucks getting hitched really gives me goosebumps.

From the story in the Chronicle-Herald: "Provincial RCMP spokesman Sgt. Frank Skidmore said the force was happy to hear about the union, adding that theyƂ’re proud RCMP officers reflect all aspects of the community."

Now that's the kind of diversity this country could use! As with any married couple in the RCMP, neither partner can serve in a position of power over the other in the same detachment. At home, well that's a different matter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My daughter keeps going "They are sOOO cute!"
and they are...