Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Joe Biden - Aiding the Enemy

Joe Biden is appearing today at a fundraiser that benefits Sen. Blanche Lincoln of Arkansas.  Lincoln is one of the two Democratic Senators who voted with Republicans on the DADT repeal.  The fact that the Vide-President is campaigning for her sends me a clear message.  "Thanks for your money, you'll have to wait for your rights."

I am tempted to become cynical now about the whole LGBT alliance with the Democratic Party.  When party leaders support people who vote against our rights it gives me pause.  I am not ready to jump ship, but it has done nothing to squelch my anger at the whole situation.  My hope is a lame-duck session of Congress might get this done.  Unfortunately, that seems to be the only way Democratic lawmakers are willing to stand up for LGBT rights.  Let's hope and work to get something passed, or there might not be a chance for a while if we lose the Senate.  Of course we have the Senate and still can't do it so...go figure?

No comments: