Friday, April 20, 2007

Gonzales Lies, Yet Bush Still Has Full Confidence In Him

After Alberto Gonzales embarrassing testimony yesterday when he uttered the phrase "I don;t recall that" over 50 times, the President announces he has full confidence in the Attorney General. That is a pretty telling statement in my book. Sounds like Bush is either completely clueless or relieved that Gonzales continued his stonewalling and kept his mouth shut.

The most disturbing fact is that by all testimony, Gonzales has repeatedly lied to Congress and yet Bush still "has confidence" in him. I have to wonder what he is protecting? Sounds a lot like Bush has something to hide and Gonzales is complicit in helping him do it.

Personally, I would be much happier if Gonzales did the ethical thing and resigned. Of course ethics are in very short supply in the Bush administration, so I won't get my hopes up.

No comments: